Everyone loved these soft and moist muffins that were bursting with chocolate chips. These muffins were relatively easy to make with only the use of a hand whisk and a rubber spatula. They were so delicious that everyone who had tasted these muffins requested me to bake a second portion immediately.
Soft Chocolate Muffins
- 85 g cake flour or plain flour
- 12 g Valrhorna cocoa powder - 2tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 60 g butter - softened
- 65 g sifted icing sugar or castor sugar
- 50 g egg - small egg, lightly beaten
- 80 ml milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips - about 30g
- Sift plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a bowl, set aside.
- Using a hand whisk to beat butter to smooth and fluffy. Pour icing sugar into it and mix well.
- Add beaten egg in 3 batches and vanilla extract, mixing well after each addition until incorporated.
- Pour in all the milk followed by the flour. Using a rubber spatula fold the mixture lightly till combined and smooth. Lastly add chocolate chips into it and mix well.
- Divide chocolate mixture into cupcake liners to 3/4 full and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 30 mins.
recipe adapted from here with slight adjustment
- 85克 底筋或中筋面粉
- 12克 可可粉 （2汤匙）
- ½茶匙 发粉
- ¼茶匙 苏打粉
- 60克 牛油 （软化）
- 65克 糖粉或细砂糖 **糖分要过筛
- 50克 鸡蛋，打撒 （一个小鸡蛋）
- 80毫升 牛奶
- ½茶匙 香草香精
- 2汤匙 巧克力粒 （约30克）