Butter Bread Sticks 奶油酥条
These Butter Bread Sticks （奶油酥条）coated with sugar are very crusty and full of buttery fragrance. It is a popular snack in Hualian, East of Taiwan. They can be easily made at home without much effort. They are light, made with only 3 ingredients but can be very addictive. You can use leftover white bread chilled in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight and then you cut them neatly into sticks. Spread with soft butter and coat with sugar and bake them till crisp. Then store them in an airtight container after cooling. They can last and stay crispy even after 10 days. This simple snack is perfect to make and serve for the coming Chinese Lunar New Year holidays!
Butter Bread Sticks
- 4 slices white bread
- soft butter - salted or unsalted
- caster sugar - for coating
- Cut away two sides of the bread crust, then cut into 6 sticks with a sharp knife. Place bread sticks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. **if the white bread is too soft, then place the bread in the chiller for an hour before cutting them neatly with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 2 minutes and flip the bread sticks over and continue to bake for another 2 minutes to a bit dry (so it's easier to spread soft butter on it).
- Leave the bread sticks to cool. Then spread soft butter on both sides of the bread sticks and coat with caster sugar.
- Place the coated bread sticks back to the oven and continue to bake on each side for 7-8 minutes till crusty but not burned.
- Leave butter bread sticks to cool before storing them in an airtight container. **can last and stay crispy even after 10 days.**
奶油酥條 Butter Bread Sticks
- 4 片 白面包
- 奶油（软牛油）适量 (有盐或無盐)
- 細砂糖 适量
I should try this as a tea time treat for my boys
Crunchy and so tasty!