Carrot Cucumber Salad
Prepare Dashi stock with vinegar
1/2 cup Water
1 tsp HonDashi
1/4 tsp Mirin
1/2 tsp Kikkomann soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp White vinegar
- Boil the above and simmer at lower fire for about 5 mins.
- Leave dashi stock to cool.
1/2 tbsp Dried Wakame Seaweed
2 Japanese Cucumber
Some toasted white sesame seed
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in cold water until soft. Rinse in hot water and put under running water for a while to retain colour. Drain and squeeze.
- Roughly peel cucumber skin. Slice very thinly.
- Grate the carrot very thinly.
- Sprinkle some salt on cucumber and carrot for 5 minutes and squeeze out excess water.
- Place carrot, cucumber and wakame in individual small serving bowl and pour some dashi stock on it.
- Put serving bowls in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When serve, sprinkle some toasted white sesame seed on top.
Not quite yet.. Still have two more papers to fight for! So tempted to come online to see your yummy recipes.. I hope I didn't miss much. Will catch up with all your new recipes soon!
Cheers !! You have got an award for your lovely food blog. Pick it from my blog.
Christine: Thank you.
burpandslurp: The carrot is the extra which I added into this salad so it can gives more colour.
Oh my mom used to make something like this a lot! But it didn't have carrots. Just cucumber and seaweed!
Looks so appetizing ^(^
A World in a Pan: Thank you!
My looks like a professional shot! You are indeed a great cook.
Tracie: Thank you! Are you back already?
salads! nice one, Anncoo =)
Thanks for the info…
Can get it from Cold Storage, buy only this brand not the Korean brand.
Can get it from supermarket?
Thank you and please visit Singapore when you've got the time.
this looks great, my bro in law lives in Singapore by the way lol
SIS: Hondashi (dashi means broth) is an instant granules make for soup, is like our chicken powder.
I think Hondahsi is quite healthy type becasue this is made from dried shaved bonito fish bone (木鱼or柴鱼).
We can also make our dashi stock at home but is not necessarily because we are not Japanese,is a must to have this at home.
What is hondashi?
Rachel: Thank you!
Peachkins: I use this as appetizer.
interesting salad. Do you use this as a side dish?
What a refreshing salad, nice!! ^_^