Peach Cream Pie
For the crust:
200g Marie Biscuits, ground
200g Melted butter
- Combine the marine biscuits and melted butter in a large bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- Press into a 23cm (lined and greased) pie tray and put in refrigerator for later use.
For the pastry cream:
2 Cups milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
5 Egg yolks
4 tbsp Plain flour
A pinch of salt
60g Soft butter
1 can Peach Halves in Syrup (825g)
- Combine egg yolks and 50g sugar in a bowl and whisk until the mixture is pale and thick. Add the flour and salt and whisk to combine.
- Place the milk, the remaining 50g sugar and vanilla extract in a pot. Cook over medium heat.
- When the milk just begins to boil, remove from the heat.
- Very slowly dribble the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture, stirring continuously.
- When all the milk has been added to the egg yolk mixture, place this mixture in the pot and over a medium heat. Stir constantly until it begins to thicken and bubble.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and stir in the butter until it is completely blended in.
- Place a piece of cling wrap over the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming. Leave to cool. (Before using, give it a good stir).
- To assemble, pour cooled pastry cream into the pie tray, then slice and arrange peaches on top. **Glaze some apricot gel on peaches when pastry cream is set.