This is another quick recipe for muffins with just a few mixing of ingredients without the use of an electric mixer. Introducing these choc orange muffins which are zesty and full of chocolate fragrance (recipe adapted from here with slight adjustment). The muffin is a little dense and crumbly. I just stored them in an airtight container in room temperature but still taste yummy even after two days. Definitely a great snack treat for anyone at home.
Choc Orange Muffins ~ great for tea snack
Choc Orange Muffins
- 175 g butter room temperature
- 175 g dark chocolate use 66% valrhona chocolate
- 140 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 orange zest use large orange
- 140 g self-raising flour or cake flour +1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 orange slices (halved)
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Add vanilla extract and sugar, stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add beaten eggs and zest, stir well.
- Sift flour and cocoa and fold into mixture with a rubber spatula, until just combined. Pour chocolate batter into 6 cupcake liners (or smaller 12 cupcake liners) and top each with a slice of orange.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg C for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. **for smaller muffins bake about 25 mins**
- 175克 温室牛油
- 175克 黑巧克力
- 140克 赤砂糖
- 1 茶匙 香草香精
- 3个 全蛋，打撒
- 1粒 香橙皮屑
- 140克 自发面粉 （底筋面粉+1.5茶匙泡打粉）
- 2汤匙 可可粉
- 6片 香橙