Coconut Angel Food Cake 椰香天使蛋糕
Christmas is just around the corner. You can make this healthy and yummy Coconut Angel Food Cake with leftover egg whites (egg white roll cake recipe here). The soft and light white cake without the egg taste has a burst of coconut fragrance. Its taste is really decadent. My family absolutely loves it. You can keep the cake chilled in the refrigerator for a few days, especially in this hot and humid weather. Coconut oil and coconut milk were added in the ingredient with coconut flakes frosted on the cake. I even placed a small bowl of water inside the oven to bake together with the cake so that the cake will become more tender and moist. Definitely a perfect white Christmas cake for the festive season.
This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you
Coconut Angel Food Cake
- 30 ml coconut oil
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 50 g cake flour or plain flour - sifted
- 170 g egg white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 80 g caster sugar
- 60 ml non-dairy fresh cream
- coconut flakes
- Combine coconut oil, coconut milk, fresh milk and salt together, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Sift flour the second time into step 1 and gently fold the mixture with a rubber spatula.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg white and cream of tartar till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk egg white to stiff peak form.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites, gently fold the mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a 7 inches ungreased (removable base) round cake pan.
- Place cake pan in the pre-heated oven 150C with a small bowl of water, bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Remove the cake from pan after cooling.
- Spread whipped cream on top and sides of the cake. Then sprinkle coconut flakes over it. Decorate cake as desired.
- 30克 椰油
- 50克 椰浆
- 2汤匙 牛奶
- 1/8茶匙 盐
- 50克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉， 过筛
- 180克 蛋白
- 1/2茶匙 塔塔粉
- 80克 细砂糖
- 60毫升 动物性奶油，打发
- 将面糊倒入摸具中（7寸活底蛋糕烤盘 – 无需抹油或铺纸）。