200g Chicken thigh – cook & cut cubes
150ml Coconut milk
6 tbsp Curry meat powder
150g Onion – Chop to small pieces
16-20 pcs Quail eggs or 4 eggs cut into quarter (boil to cook & remove shells)
2 1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Chicken powder
- Remove skin from potatoes.
- Put enough water in a corning ware pot with potatoes and use microwave to soften potatoes.
- Drain away water and cut potatoes to cubes.
- Put enough oil in wok, fry onion and curry powder till fragrant.
- Add chicken meat, continue to stir fry till aromatic and add in seasoning with coconut milk.
- Lastly add in potatoes and fry well.
- Add 2 tbsp plain flour and stir fry ingredients till dry.
- Dish up curry filling and leave to cool.
500g Plain flour-sifted
2 tbsp Sugar
110g Soft butter
- Mix egg and sugar together.
- In a mixing bowl add water, sugar & egg, butter, crisco and plain flour.
- Use dough hook to mix (at speed 2) till form into a soft dough.
- Cover and let it rest for about 30 mins.
- Dust some plain flour on table and use roller pin to roll out the pastry. (not too thin)
- Use a round cutter to cut the pastry and wrap with curry filling with one quail egg into it.
- Seal the side of the curry puff.
- Line a square tray with aluminum foil and dusted plain flour.
- Place the curry puff on tray and let it rest for about one hour in the fridge and deep fry till golden brown and crispy.