Since Irene gave me a packet (4 small bags in a pack) of the Kanten powder 寒天粉, I bought a small bottle of Calpico concentrate ($9.90) from Meidi-ya to make this Kiwifruit Jelly using the konnyaku jelly mould. This jelly recipe was adapted from Irene, Osmanthus Lychee Kanten Jelly with minor adjustments. A delightful refreshing jelly but a little soft. I suggest you add a little more Kanten powder or just use the normal agar agar (1 packet, 10gm) instead. You can get the Kanten powder at Meidi-ya too but it’s quite pricey compared to the normal agar agar powder.
- 8g Kanten Powder (2 bags)
- 200g Kiwi fruit puree (2-3 kiwi fruits, skinned)
- 750g Water
- 50g Calpico, concentrate
- 50g Sugar ( I added sugar to 100g as the kiwifruits are quite sour)
- Cut kiwifruits to pieces and blend together with water, pour into pot.
- Add kanten powder and sugar into it, stir well with a hand whisk and bring mixture to boil at medium heat.
- Off heat and continue to stir the mixture liquid for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture liquid into moulds to cool and chill for few hours before serving.