This is another post of using lemon grass with baked chicken this time. Hope you’ll not getting tired of it seeing three posts using lemon grass subsequently. I’ve just bought an oven pan from Fairprice at a special price, that this had come into my mind to make this easy and fuss free one pan meal lemon grass baked chicken with baking time for about 45 minutes. The chicken meat is flavourful, juicy and tender, the skin is crisp on top after baked with some juice oozing out that makes the vegetables delicious too. You can also serve with white rice to go along.
Lemongrass Baked Chicken
- 800 g (2) large chicken thigh
- 3 stalks lemon grass bruised and roughly chopped
- 3 pips garlic roughly chopped
- 3 small onions roughly chopped
- 3 slices ginger roughly chopped
- 3 fresh chillies seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shredded
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1-2 onion
- some broccoli
- some French beans
- Clean chicken thigh and dry with kitchen towel.
- Place lemongrass, red onion, garlic, chillies. lime leaves, ginger and corn oil in a blender, blend for about 30 seconds. Then add the seasoning into the mixture and continue to blend to paste.
- Prick chicken thigh with a fork for better absorption of marinade. Rub the paste on the chicken thigh all over evenly and marinate overnight.
- Heat up oven pan with some oil. Place the chicken thigh (reserved the sauce) with skin on facing down and sear the skin to golden and turn over and fry for about 2 minutes. **alternatively can use a frying pan and a baking dish to bake the chicken if you don't have an oven baked pan.
- Then place vegetables below the chicken thigh and pour in the remaining sauce with some shredded kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg for about 45 minutes or a chopstick pierce through the chicken meat until the juices run clear.
- 2只 大鸡腿， 约800-900克
- 2根 香茅
- 3粒 红葱头，剁碎
- 3粒 蒜瓣，剁碎
- 2片 姜片，切细
- 3条 辣椒，去籽，切小
- 2片 泰国酸柑叶，切细
- 1汤匙 玉米油
- 3/4汤匙 耗油
- 1/2汤匙 酱请
- 1/2汤匙 白糖
- 2汤匙 酸柑汁
- 1/2茶匙 盐和胡椒粉
- 1-2粒 大洋葱，切块