These lemon pudding cakes are perfect to serve warm for an afternoon tea or at any special occasions. The light and fragrant fluffy cake is moist and soft, especially with tangy lemon custard pudding base – simply delicious! This is a no fuss recipe as long as you have lemons on hand. Best to bake in ramekins so that you can serve this elegant sweet treat dessert to enjoy individually!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Lemon Pudding Cake
- 2 lemon zest
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 240 ml fresh milk
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 45 g plain flour - all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs - yolk/white separated
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Grease 8 ramekins with butter and set aside. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- In a bowl, stir well egg yolks, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar with a hand whisk. Then sieve in flour and stir batter to smooth.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites and salt till peaks form.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the batter with a hand whisk or rubber spatula. Then pour the batter into the remaining egg whites. Fold mixture well until combined (you can find there are two distinct layers, a thin runny liquid and with light floating batter on top).
- Ladle batter into ramekins (stir as you pour the batter, so that the pudding layer will appear below the cake after baked).
- Place ramekins on baking tray, then in the middle rack of the oven. Slowly pour room temperature water into the baking tray to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the cakes are puffy and lightly golden. You may test the cake with a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven with a tong and let them cool down on wire rack for about 15-20 minutes before serving. the cake will deflate a little after cooled
- Dust pudding cake with icing sugar and serve with fresh berries, if desired. Best to serve warm.
- 2粒 柠檬皮屑
- 60毫升 柠檬汁
- 240毫升 牛奶
- 150克 细砂糖
- 1/4茶匙 香草香精
- 45克 中筋面粉
- 4个 大鸡蛋 （蛋白蛋黄分开）
- 1/8茶匙 盐
- 将面糊边搅边舀入烤皿中 （这样烤好的蛋糕就能呈现布丁在下层）。