Bak Kwa Instant Noodle 肉干拌快熟面
Chinese New Year has just ended and I still have some leftover bak kwa (pork jerky) in my pantry. Just checking further what I have left in my fridge …. I found cucumber, carrot and spring onion. Oh I have instant noodle too! Well, why not make myself a simple lunch with all these leftovers? So here is my Bak Kwa Instant Noodle. It is so easy to combine all the ingredients in just 15 minutes. The combination is perfect with the sweetness and smoky flavour of the bak kwa bits (like char siew) and the seasoning when tossed together with the noodle. It’s indeed a very satisfying simple one dish meal that I really enjoyed!
a very satisfying simple one dish meal that I really enjoyed!
Recipe/食谱 》》Bak Kwa (pork jerky) Egg Muffins 肉干鸡蛋玛芬
Bak Kwa Instant Noodle
- 1 packet instant noodle
- 40 g bak kwa (pork jerky) - blend to bits
- some cucumber - cut to strips
- some carrot - cut to strips
- some spring onion - finely cut
- dash of pepper
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce - can replace with sugar
- 5 tbsp noodle water
- Cook the instant noodle in boiling water till soft (about 2-3 mins). **I didn't use the seasoning in the package**
- Drain well noodle and place into a clean bowl. Add 5 tablespoons of the noodle hot water to the seasoning and stir well. Then pour the seasoning mixture over the noodle and toss well. **add another tablespoon of the noodle hot water if you find the noodle mixture is too salty**
- Then transfer noodle to a serving plate and garnish with cucumber, carrot and spring onion with bak kwa bits (about 2-3 tbsps) and a dash of pepper on top. Toss noodle well again and enjoy!
- 1包 快熟面
- 40克 肉干，磨碎
- 2茶匙 耗油
- 1茶匙 酱请
- 1茶匙 麻油
- 1/4茶匙 黑酱油
- 1/4茶匙 鱼露或白糖代替
- 5汤匙 面汤
I am always on the look out for new ways to cook noodles, maybe can use chicken instead? looks so good
Wow, so well presnted, how to resist? Slurp!
So appetizing！ Have never thought of using bak kwa in stirfried noodles. Love the idea!