As Chinese Lunar New Year is drawing near, falling on 1st Feb this year, I’m trying to use up as much as possible all the leftover ingredients in my pantry. I remember that I’d bought a packet of ground peanuts sometime ago from the ingredient supply shop as I wanted to make these easy and fragrant Chinese Peanut cookies. The cookies are crumbly and a bit crunchy as the peanuts are not finely blended, but they are yummy and definitely makes one grab for more.
No baking powder is added, just mix the dry ingredients together and lastly add the peanut oil. Do not not pour the peanut oil all at once, but gradually start with 100 grams till the dough does not stick to the hands. Add a little more oil if the dough crumbles easily or a little more flour when you find the dough is too oily. Then roll the dough into small balls and flatten them a little with your finger. Lastly apply egg glaze and send the cookies to bake. Allow cookies cookies to cool completely before storing into an airtight container.
you may like this ~ Green Pea Cookies/青豆饼 (recipe/食谱)
Chinese Peanut Cookies
- 250 g ground peanuts - store bought
- 200 g plain flour
- 110 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120-130 g peanut oil
- 1 egg yolk - + 1/2tsp water, mix well
- Sift flour, icing sugar and salt together into a large bowl. Add in the peanut powder and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Add peanut oil gradually and mix till the dough does not stick to the hands. Add a little more oil if mixture is too dry or flour if dough is too oily. **I added about 125g of oil**
- Roll dough into small balls and flatten them a little with your finger (about 10-12g each) and arrange them on a parchment lined baking tray. Apply egg glaze twice.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing into an airtight container.
- 250克 花生碎 （买现成的）
- 200克 中筋面粉
- 110克 糖粉
- 1/2茶匙 盐
- 120-130克 花生油
- 1粒 蛋黄+1/2茶匙水，混匀
- 10-12克 约62粒