Orange Marmalade Cake 橘子果酱蛋糕
This crumbly but not so dense orange marmalade cake with desiccated coconut is not too sweet – just to my liking. I used the mandarin orange marmalade that I made two weeks ago to bake this cake which I baked in a round cake pan instead of a loaf pan, based on Women’s Weekly cookbook. I omitted the orange peel in the recipe as I didn’t have any at home but I added some extra orange zest and lemon juice to make the cake more zesty. Definitely a keeper.
Orange Marmalade Cake
- 125 g butter
- 110 g caster sugar - I used 90g
- 2 eggs - 65g each
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- orange zest from 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade - can use store bought marmalade
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 225 g self-raising flour - I used 225g plain flour, 1/2tsp baking powder + 1/2tsp baking soda, sifted
- 125 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease a 7 inch round cake pan or a loaf pan and line base with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition followed by vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir in marmalade and orange zest with a rubber spatula, then desiccated coconut， flour and milk.
- Spread mixture into cake pan; bake for about 60 minutes (I baked 45 minutes) or a skewer into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out cake onto rack to cool completely.
- 125克 牛油
- 90克 细砂糖
- 2个 全蛋 （65克 一个）
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 1汤匙 柠檬汁
- 2粒 鲜橙皮屑
- 2汤匙 橘子果酱 （可以买现成的）
- 45克 干椰丝
- 225克 自发面粉 （我用225克 普通面粉 + 1/2茶匙发粉 + 1/2茶匙 苏打粉），过筛
- 125毫升 牛奶
- 预热烤箱至摄氏180度。 准备一个7寸圆形烤盘或长方形烤盘，抹油底部铺纸。
- 倒入烤盘，送入预热烤箱烤约60分钟 （我烤了45分钟）或牙签插入蛋糕内部，拔出没有粘糊，就表示熟了。
hi Ms.Ann, i did this cake today…it turned out to be hard crust….really hard, i baked for 40 mins in a 160 c.
whats actually wrong, i feel like the butter amount is quite little…for 225g flour,….125g butter isnt it too low?
i wish i can attach the cake pic here…
Hi Mallenine, Sorry to hear that your cake wasn’t that successful . The flour must not be over mix as the cake will hardened after baked. I’m sorry that this recipe is not a butter. Is your preference if you want to add more butter.
yumm… looks so nice and moist!
Ann, it’s a beautiful zesty cake!
Looks very tender and soft!