These Peanut Butter Chiffon Cupcakes are a little dense but soft and bouncy and it is not too sweet, just the way I like it. The cake is indeed yummy with a wonderful nutty fragrance and taste of peanut butter. No oil is added in the recipe as I find the creamy peanut butter is quite oily after mixing. The preparation is easy and fast, in less than 15 minutes just pop the pan into the oven to bake. You can even smell the fragrance of peanut butter lingering in the kitchen while baking. Definitely great to serve at any time of the day.
Peanut Butter Chiffon Cupcakes ~ great to serve at any time of the day
Peanut Butter Chiffon Cupcakes
- 60 g peanut butter jam - creamy or chunky
- 60 ml fresh milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 35 g cake flour/plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 2 egg whites
- 40 g light brown (fine) sugar - or caster sugar
- Stir peanut butter jam with milk till well blended. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract, mix well then sift in flours and mix well again.
- Whisk egg whites till foamy and add brown sugar in 3 separate rounds beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white to egg yolk mixture with a rubber spatula till well mixed. Then pour in the remaining egg white and gently fold well again.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan lined with cupcake liners 90 percent full. Gently tap pan to release air bubbles and bake in the preheated oven (middle rack) at 150 degrees C for 10 mins. Then lower temperature to 140 degrees C and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Take muffin pan out from oven after baked and immediately drop the pan on the table top a few times to release hot air to prevent shrinkages (no need to overturn cake). Leave cakes to cool in pan. Enjoy!
- 60克 花生酱 （幼滑或粗粒）
- 60克 牛奶
- 2个 蛋黄
- 1/4茶匙 香草香精
- 35克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 1/2汤匙 玉米淀粉
- 2个 蛋白
- 40克 黄（细）糖 或白砂糖