I have never heard of or tried Chocolate Mochi Balls (most called these as Mochi Bread) before until I saw Catherine share her picture and recipe on Instagram. I just can’t wait to try it out myself. This is another easy recipe to make without much effort. The ingredients for this gluten free snack are glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. All you need to do is just mix the ingredients together and form them into mini size balls and these can be easily popped into your mouth at one go. It has a a crusty bite on the outside and inside is chewy with melted chocolate chips which gives a very nice sweet flavour. It is best to consume them slightly warm after taking them out from the oven.
cute chocolate mochi balls ~ can be easily popped into your mouth at one go!
Chocolate Mochi Balls
- 100 g glutinous rice flour
- 40 g tapioca flour (starch)
- 20 g Valrhona cocoa powder - sifted
- 15 g brown sugar
- 50 g egg - 1 small egg
- 40 g melted butter
- 70 g fresh milk
- 50 g chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder and brown sugar together and mix well.
- Pour in egg and melted butter, mix well followed by milk, mix well again.
- Drop in chocolate chips, mix well and form into a dough.
- Divide dough into 19-20 small balls, about 18-19 grams each and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Scatter some chocolate rice on top (this is optional).
- Bake in preheated oven (middle rack) at 180 degrees C for about 20 minutes.