Red Bean Pancake 豆沙窝饼 is a popular snack in most Chinese restaurants, and is usually served as a dessert or dim sum. It has a crispy exterior texture that goes well with the sweet red bean filling. It is quite easy to make this delicious pancake at home with a few ingredients and some store bought red bean paste. Sesame seeds are my weakness, so I sprinkle them generously on the pancake before frying. The pancake will have a mild fragrance of sesame seeds, and the best time to eat it is while it is hot.
- 120g plain flour, sifted
- 200ml milk or water
- 1 large egg (70g)，lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
250g red bean paste (红豆沙), divide into 5 portions, 50g
flour thickening for coating
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 3 tbsp water
- white sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, sugar, milk and oil with a hand whisk. Add in plain flour and mix well. Then pass batter through a sieve and rest it for 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile take one portion of the red bean paste and place it between plastic sheets. Lightly roll it into a rectangular shape.
- Grease hot flat frying pan with little oil. Scoop about one and a half ladle of batter into medium hot pan. Turn and tilt the pan, so that the batter will run evenly to the edge to form a thin layer of pancake. Place the pan back on to the stove under medium heat, about 1 minute to cook or pancake is set.
- Cool down the pancake slightly (for easy wrapping) and wrap in the red bean paste to a rectangular parcel. Smear a little coating along the edges to seal the pancake. Do the same for the other portion of the batter to make a second pancake.
- Spread the coating on both sides of the parcel and sprinkle sesame seeds on one side of the parcel.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil in frying pan, Fry the pancake with sesame seeds side facing down first till golden brown and then flip to the other and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Dish out and cut the pancake to slices before serving.
- 120克 中筋面粉
- 200毫升 牛奶或清水
- 1个 大鸡蛋打撒 （约70克）
- 1茶匙 细糖
- 1汤匙 油
- 250克 红豆沙，分成5份 – 50克
- 1汤匙 中筋面粉
- 1汤匙 粘米粉
- 3汤匙 清水
- 趁面皮还有一点温热包入红豆馅 (觉得这时候最好包）。涂上面粉糊在面皮的边缘，然后继续做第二张面皮。
- 锅饼最好趁热吃 。。。饼皮有点脆脆的还带有芝麻香。赞！