Prawn Toast is also one of the popular dim sum items in Chinese restaurant especially in Hong Kong. It is delicious and tasty. Its can be easily make at home to serve as a finger food for a party or at any other occasions. Usually it is a bread base shaped into a triangle with a spread of prawn paste mix and water chestnuts, coated with white sesame seeds on top. Then shallow fry for a few minutes and serve with chilli sauce.
- 200g prawn meat, rinse and dap dry with kitchen paper
- 2 water chestnuts, peeled and chopped
- ¾tsp salt
- ½tsp sugar
- ½tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp egg white
- 2tsp corn flour
- ½ tbsp finely cut coriander leaves
- a dash of pepper
5 slices white bread, crust discarded and cut into 4 triangles
- white sesame for topping
- Roughly cut prawns into pieces and place into food processor and blend well. Add chopped water chestnuts and blend well to paste. Transfer prawn paste into a bowl.
- Add seasoning and mix well, followed by the corander leaves, mix well again.
- Spread about 1.5 tablespoons of prawn paste over slices of bread. Then dip bread (prawn paste side down) and coat with sesame seeds.
- Heat up some oil over medium low heat and shallow fry the toasts, starting with the prawn paste side down till golden and crisp for about 1 minutes on each side.
- Drain and serve immediately
- 200克 虾肉，洗净用厨房纸吸干水分
- 2粒 马蹄，去皮拍碎
- 3/4茶匙 盐
- 1/2茶匙 细糖
- 1/2茶匙 麻油
- 1汤匙 蛋白
- 2茶匙 玉米粉
- 1/2汤匙 芫荽，切细
- 5片 白面包，4周切除，再切成4块三角形