Here is an another easy soft banana cake that I would like to share with you today. It’s moist, soft and fluffy with the wonderful flavours of overly riped bananas and ground walnuts. The banana cake still stayed soft even after being chilled for three days and it’s definitely great for anytime of the day or when unexpected guests come knocking at your door.
Soft Banana Cake
- 200 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 130 g light brown sugar
- 85 g corn oil
- 300 g very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 80 g walnuts toasted and ground
- extra bananas for topping
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Lined (9 x 5 x 3 by inch) loaf pan all sides up.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt into a bowl, set aside for later use.
- Beat together eggs and brown sugar in a bowl of electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale and mixture forms a ribbon when beater is lifted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add oil in a slow stream, mixing, then mix in bananas, lemon juice and vanilla, remove from mixer. Combine flours and walnuts together and mixture gently and thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Lastly add in milk and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading evenly. Slice banana into half and place on top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and a skewer comes out clean for about 55-60 minutes.
- Brush some melted butter on top of cake once it is out of the oven. Leave cake to cool on wire rack and dust with some snow powder before serving.
- 200克 普通面粉
- 1 茶匙蘇打粉
- 1/4 茶匙 肉桂粉 （可不放）
- 1/4 茶匙 盐
- 2个 鸡蛋，（约140克）
- 130克 赤糖
- 85克 玉米油
- 300克 熟透香蕉泥
- 2 汤匙 牛奶
- 1 茶匙 Vanilla 香草精
- 1/2 汤匙 柠檬汁
- 100克 核桃 （预先烤香，磨碎）
- 长形烤模抹（9 x 5 x 3寸）铺上烤纸，，备用。