Steamed Cheddar Cheesecakes 蒸车打芝士小蛋糕
These Steamed Cheddar Cheescakes are soft and spongy. I came across this easy recipe from a Facebook group recently. This is also another way for me to use up the cheddar cheese slices sitting in my refrigerator for quite some time. The cheddar cheese slices, butter and eggs need to be at room temperature before you start to make these steamed small cakes. No egg separation is needed. The small cakes turned out perfect, both in taste and texture with well complemented ingredients and best to serve them warm.
You can can even make these light Steamed Cheddar Chessecakes for a change after your busy Christmas baking. They can be stored in the refrigerator and re-steamed for morning breakfast or whenever you want to eat them, even grab to go.
Steamed Cheddar Cheesecakes
- 80 g butter
- 4 cheddar cheese slices
- 130 ml fresh milk
- 3 large eggs
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp green lime juice - or lemon juice
- 1 lime zest - or lemon zest
- 210 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 15 ml hot water
- Melt butter and cheese slices under hot water till melted. Add milk and stir mixture till combined. Add vanilla and lime juice, mix well and set aside till cool. Mix well cocoa powder and hot water and set aside.
- Whisk eggs with an electric mixer till foamy, add sugar in 3 batches for about 2 minutes (no need to be very thick). Sieve in self-raising flour in two batches, fold well with rubber spatula.
- Take out 4 tablespoons of plain batter and mix well with cocoa paste. Pour mixture into small piping bag.
- Pour plain batter into 9 cupcake liners to 80 percent full. Pipe (cocoa batter) in circle or any design you like.
- Heat up steamer pot with boiling water. Place cakes inside the steamer. Steam at medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or skewer inserted cake comes out clean.
蒸车打芝士小蛋糕 Steamed Cheddar Cheesecakes
- 80克 牛油
- 4 片 车打芝士
- 130毫升 鲜奶
- 3个 大鸡蛋
- 85克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 1汤匙 青柠汁或柠檬汁
- 1粒 青柠或柠檬皮屑
- 210克 自发面粉
- 1/2汤匙 可可粉，过筛
- 15毫升 热水
These might interest you 您或许会喜欢这两个食谱
They look absolutely amazing! The chocolate swirls are such a beautiful contrast to the light cake.
So Christmasy! Looks very tempting. Merry X’mas and a Happy New Year, Ann!