These Steamed Cheesy Cakes are perfect to serve for breakfast or afternoon tea as a quick snack especially when you’re busy with your household chores. The dense cake texture is quite similar to the Chinese “Huat Kueh” that I had made sometime ago. With just a quick mixing the ingredients together for less than 10 minutes, then pour the batter into cups or cupcake liners to about 3/4 full and steamed at high heat for about 15 to 18 minutes. After steaming, remove the small cakes from cups, brush some soft salted butter on top and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over it. Then place the cakes in the toaster oven at 200 degrees C under the grill for about 5 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Best to serve them warm.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Haut Kueh aka Fatt Koh 蒸发糕 (recipe/食谱）
Steamed Cheesy Cakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55 g caster sugar
- 80 g cake flour or plain flour
- 20 g corn flour (starch)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 20 g parmesan cheese powder
- 40 g corn oil
- soft salted butter
- mozzarella shredded cheese
- Place eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Sieve in flours, baking powder and cheese powder. Gently mix well, followed by oil and mix well again.
- Pour batter into cups or cupcake liners to 3/4 full. Bring them to steam under boiling water at high heat for about 15-18 minutes or skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Remove cakes from cups and brush with soft butter on top, then sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese.
- Place the small cakes inside the toaster oven and bake under grill at 200 deg C for about 5 minutes or the top is golden. Best to serve warm.
- 4个 大鸡蛋
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 55克 细砂糖
- 80克 底筋或中筋面粉
- 20克 玉米淀粉
- 1.5茶匙 泡打粉
- 20克 车达芝士粉
- 40克 玉米油