Mango Mousse 芒果慕斯
As mango season is still on, you can find a lot of fresh mangoes available in the market at cheap low prices. Mango is my weakness, I just can’t help buying more of this sweet and fragrant fruit home before the season ends. So this time around, I made Mango Mousse with biscuit crumbs base and top with mango jelly. It is easy to make this quick luscious mango mousse dessert without much effort. So perfect to serve this lovely chilled dessert to your loved ones!
Mango mousse can be poured into serving cups too 芒果慕斯也可以倒入杯子里
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Mango Ice Cream 冰淇淋 (recipe/食谱)
- 80 g chocolate biscuits or Oreo without the cream
- 50 g melted butter
- 200 g mango flesh - chopped
- 45 g caster sugar
- 100 g non-dairy cream or milk
- 50 g plain yoghurt or sour cream
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp gelatin powder - plus 2.5 tbsp water or 5 gelatin sheets
- 200 g dairy whipping cream
Topping - Mango jelly
- 120 g mango flesh - chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder - plus 1 tbsp water or 2 gelatin sheets
- Biscuit crumbs - Grease the sides of a 6 inch removable square cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Blend biscuits coarsely and mix well with melted butter (add little more butter if you find the crumbly biscuits are too dry). Pressing the biscuit crumbs with your hand at the bottom of the lined cake pan. Place the whole pan in the refrigerator for later use.
- Mango mousse - Soak gelatin with water in a heatproof bowl for 1 minute.
- Place chopped mango, sugar, non-dairy cream, yoghurt and lemon juice into a food processor and blend to smooth. Then pour into pot under low heat, keep stirring mixture to a boil. Add soaked gelatin and stir well till melted and stirring for another minute and off heat. Strain mango mixture through a sieve and leave to cool.
- Whisk dairy whipping cream to peaks form. Pour mango mixture into the whipped cream and fold well.
- Then pour mango mousse into prepared pan and smooth it with a spatula. Then place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Topping - Soak gelatin with water for a minute. Blend mango, lemon juice, sugar to smooth. Then pour mixture into a pot and bring to a boil at low heat. Add soaked gelatin and stir well mixture for a minute and off heat. Cool down mango puree a little and gradually pour it on top of mango mousse. Gently shake the cake pan to distribute the mango puree evenly.
- Chill mango mousse for several hours or until ready to serve.
- Cut mango mousse into 8 slices and decorate as desired before serving.
- 80克 巧克力饼干 （或奥利奥饼干，刮掉奶油）
- 50克 溶化牛油
- 200克 芒果肉，切小
- 45克 细砂糖
- 100克 植物性淡奶油或牛奶
- 1.5汤匙 柠檬汁
- 50克 优格或酸奶
- 1.5汤匙 鱼胶粉 (吉利丁粉) + 2.5汤匙 水 （浸泡）或5片鱼胶片
- 200克 动物性奶油
- 120克 芒果肉，切小
- 1/2汤匙 柠檬汁
- 1汤匙 细砂糖
- 1/2汤匙 鱼胶粉 (吉利丁粉) + 1汤匙水 （浸泡）或2片鱼胶片
- 饼底 – 将饼干放入保鲜袋中，用擀面棍压碎饼干，然后用手把饼干碎与融化牛油 抓匀，压入烤盘底部，压平压紧。铺好饼干后，放进冰箱备用。
- 芒果慕斯 – 鱼胶粉和水搅匀，浸泡1分钟.
- 淋面 – 芒果肉，柠檬汁，砂糖放入料理机打滑。然后倒入小锅中煮至微滚（用小火）。放入泡好的鱼胶粉，再搅拌1分钟即可。稍微待凉芒果酱（温热），轻轻倒在芒果慕斯上，晃动一下模盘，让果酱均匀平整；用刮刀抹平。
Hi Ann, may I know if a 6-inch round tin can be used for this recipe? Thanks. Regards – Sherry.
Hi Sherry, yes you can. If you still have leftover of the mango mousse, can also pour into serving cups.
Thanks for your explanation.
Hi Ann, for the mango mousse recipe, can we substitute yohurt or sour cream with others? Or perhaps whipping cream?
Hi Joycelyn, can change the yoghurt/sour cream to non dairy cream, total 150g.