Steamed Radish Cake 蒸萝卜糕
Ingredients: Line 8″ square cake tin with a plastic
500-600g Radish (grated in fine strips)
400g Rice flour
50g Tapioca flour
1 piece Chinese sausage – dice small
20g Chinese mushrooms – soak till soft and dice small
50g Dried prawns – soak for 15 mins and blend fine
100g Shallot – blend fine
1000ml Boiling Water
3 tsp Salt
2 tsp Chicken powder (with no MSG added)
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Sesame oil
- Grate radish in fine strips and squeeze out excess water and leave aside.
- In a large bowl, mix rice flour, tapioca flour and water together to becomes a flour paste.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil in wok, fry shallot for awhile, add sausage, mushrooms and dried prawns till aromatic, add seasoning, mix well and pour it into the boiling water.
- Bring to boil again and pour water mixture into the flour paste.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the flour paste till melted in the hot water mixture. Then add in the radish in 4 portions and use the wooden spoon to separate the radish evenly and stir well.
- Pour the radish mixture into a 8″ square cake tin.
- Steam at high fire for 35 mins. Leave to cool.
- Slice radish cake in pieces and pan fry till golden brown.
Thank you, Peachkins..this is a Chinese dianxin (snack).
Radish cakes is a chinese dish,right?
yours looks good!
You are welcome:)
Ok, thanks Anncoo, i will try to make the small portion if i really wana make it later.. hehe
You're right, this one is HK style type. I should call this 萝卜丝糕. Because I added a lot of 萝卜丝 in it.
I had an experienced before that if I did not pan fry the radish cake, it will becomes mouldy in about 3 days. So, it is better to pan fry it first.
I'm not sure about keeping it in the freezer…sorry…
Yummy! I believe this is HK style, my mum makes one don't have lak cheong.
My family like steamed radish cake, but i always too lazy to make it..
Do you think is it ok to freeze for the leave over in case we can not finish?
Sure, Eat as many as you can…haha..
SO manyy.. can I have onee …
I'm going to make this.. Thanks for the recipe =)
Amanda & Quinn,
Thank you for visiting.
Sure, no problem.
Here i come!!! Can reserve for tea break later?
I just wrote down this recipe!
I am so gonna make this!
Thank you Anncoo!!!
What an interesting recipe…you are so creative!! 🙂