Ingredients: Line 8″ square cake tin with a plastic
500-600g Radish (grated in fine strips)
400g Rice flour
50g Tapioca flour
1 piece Chinese sausage – dice small
20g Chinese mushrooms – soak till soft and dice small
50g Dried prawns – soak for 15 mins and blend fine
100g Shallot – blend fine
1000ml Boiling Water
3 tsp Salt
2 tsp Chicken powder (with no MSG added)
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Sesame oil
- Grate radish in fine strips and squeeze out excess water and leave aside.
- In a large bowl, mix rice flour, tapioca flour and water together to becomes a flour paste.
- Add about 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil in wok, fry shallot for awhile, add sausage, mushrooms and dried prawns till aromatic, add seasoning, mix well and pour it into the boiling water.
- Bring to boil again and pour water mixture into the flour paste.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the flour paste till melted in the hot water mixture. Then add in the radish in 4 portions and use the wooden spoon to separate the radish evenly and stir well.
- Pour the radish mixture into a 8″ square cake tin.
- Steam at high fire for 35 mins. Leave to cool.
- Slice radish cake in pieces and pan fry till golden brown.