Chocolate Pear Cake 巧克力香梨蛋糕
The other day I bought a bag of Honey Belle Honey pear as I did the marketing at Fairprice. The small size pear is crunchy, sweet and juicy and I decided to add a few of them in my bakes. After searching for a recipe online, I saw this Chocolate Pear Cake from Italian Fast Food. The cake looks pretty with slices of pear layering on the top. Without second thought, I baked this cake but with reduced sugar. The cake seems a bit dry after baked but it became soft and moist after keeping it in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. The soft texture of the pear cubes inside the cake is delicious with every bite and it also has a unique flavour with the chocolate cake. So perfect for morning breakfast or enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea. in an airtight container
Chocolate Pear Cake
- 180 g cake flour/plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder - valrhorna cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 g butter - soft to touch
- 150 g brown sugar - or caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pears - peeled & corded, diced
- 2 pears - sliced, for topping
- Combine cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl, mix well and set aside. Grease a 8 inch removable cake pan, lined and grease bottom and sides.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy at medium speed.
- Lower speed, add eggs one at a time, until mixture incorporating the first before adding the second.
- Sieve the flour mixture into the egg batter, followed by diced pears and gently fold well with a rubber spatula with adding the milk a bit at a time.
- Pour batter mixture into cake pan, with sliced pear on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 45 minutes or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 180克 底筋或中筋面粉
- 50克 可可粉
- 1茶匙 泡打粉
- 125克 软牛油, 手指按压时能不费力的压下去就可以了
- 150克 黄糖
- 2个 大鸡蛋
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 3个 香梨，削皮去核，切丁状
- 2个 香梨，切片表层装饰
- 然后该转底速度加入鸡蛋。鸡蛋 一个一个的加，每加一个搅匀以后再加下一个。
Pretty and yum!
YUmm, classic combo, chocolate and pears,
Rich, moist and so tempting…absolutely lovely!