This no bake chocolate treat, Chocolate Salami is a popular Italian and Portugal dessert, which is crunchy with macadamia and is also very addictive. I just can’t help popping this yummy chocolate into my mouth once it was sliced. It is pretty quick to make this sinfully rich chocolate sweet treat in a relatively short time. You can also replace the macadamia with your favourite dried nuts like almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts or even raisins if you like. Adding a little bit of liqueur will also enhance the flavour to make it a classic chocolate salami. It is great to serve this to your guests during the festive season. A plus point is that you can make this chocolate salami in a few more rolls and store them in the freezer and thaw them in the chiller before serving. It is best to consume this sweet treat within half an hour as the chocolate will be melted quickly due to our hot weather (I prefer to eat straight from the chiller).
I just can’t help popping this yummy chocolate into my mouth once it was sliced
- 150 g Hershey's or dark chocolate
- 30 g Callebaut 70.5% - bitter chocolate
- 60 g soft butter
- 65 g fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - optional
- 1 tsp rum liqueur - optional
- 60 g macadamia - almond nuts, hazelnuts or walnuts
- 30 g marie biscuits - or digestive biscuits
- Chop macadamia to pieces and crush biscuits coarsely with a rolling pin.
- Place chocolate pieces in a bowl. Heat up milk to a boil and pour into the chocolate pieces, add soft butter and stir to smooth. If you find the chocolate mixture is difficult to stir, place the bowl of chocolate over a pot of hot water (do not on the heat) and stir well to smooth.
- Then drop the macadamias and biscuits into the chocolate cream. Mix well and chill into the refrigerator for about 15 minutes till semi set.
- Place chocolate cream mixture onto a parchment paper and roll it into a log. Place it back into the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Take out the chocolate log from the refrigerator and transfer on to a clean piece of parchment paper. Dust icing sugar over it. Slice and serve.
- 150克 Hershey’s 巧克力或 黑巧克力
- 30克 Callebaut 70% （苦巧克力）
- 60g 软牛油
- 65克 牛奶
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精 （可不放）
- 1茶匙 兰姆酒 （可不放）
- 60克 澳洲坚果，杏仁，榛果或核桃仁
- 30克 玛丽饼或消化饼
- 巧克力最好放在温室半个小时内解决掉，要不然巧克力很快就会变软掉 （我比较喜欢从冰箱拿出来直接吃）。