These cotton yoghurt small cakes are yummy as they’re light, moist and soft just like eating chilled cheesecake. They can be prepared with a few quick mixing and baked in a muffin pan. These cakes are made by using the egg separation method but you don’t have to steam bake them like in my previous post – Yogurt Blueberry cake that I shared 3 years ago. In fact I love both recipes, they’re equally good!
You may also like this recipe – Yoghurt Blueberry Cake
想看这个食谱的话请按这里 – 酸奶蓝莓蛋糕
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 small tub natural yoghurt (200ml)
- 60g plain flour/cake flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 40g melted butter
- 75g caster sugar
- Preheat oven at 150 deg C. Line paper cups in muffin pan.
- In a bowl, stir egg yolks with a hand whisk and pour in yoghurt and stir till combined.
- Sift in half of the flour, stir well gently, followed by the remaining flour, mix well again.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest, mix well. Pour in melted butter and fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Whisk egg whites at low speed till foamy and gradually add in sugar and continue to beat till peak forms at medium speed.
- Fold ⅓ of the egg whites to egg yolk mixtures. Then return the egg yolk mixtures to the meringue and fold well.
- Pour batter into the cupcake cases evenly and gently bang the muffin pan to release air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. *The cakes will puff up and shrink back a little during baking.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and drop 2-3 times on table top to release hot air and leave cakes to cool. Dust with some cocoa powder before serving.
recipe adapted from here with some adjustments
- 4个 大鸡蛋，蛋黄蛋白分开
- 1小杯 天然优格/酸奶 （200毫升）
- 60克 中筋或低筋面粉
- ½茶匙 香草香精
- 1汤匙 柠檬汁
- 1粒 柠檬皮屑
- 40克 融化牛油
- 80克 细砂糖
- 预热烤箱至摄氏150度。 纸杯放入在玛芬烤盘内，备用。
- 放入预热烤箱烤约25-30分钟。 **蛋糕在烤的过程中会先膨胀然后略有回缩
- 烤好后的蛋糕连玛芬盘在桌面敲打几下，敲出热气 （这样可防蛋糕过度的收缩）。蛋糕待凉后撒上适量可可粉即可享用。