Made these easy Double Layer Cheese Cupcakes with my last block of cream cheese that has been sitting in my fridge for quite some time. These almost melt-in-your-mouth cheese cupcakes are light, moist and yummy with some chocolate cream spread on top. Best to serve them chilled to be enjoyed for afternoon tea.
I didn’t make biscuit crumbs or cake base to the cheesecake and they turned out perfect. It’s not complicated to combine the two layers of cream cheese mixture together with one plain and the other with melted chocolate. Whisk up the meringue and fold it into the two cheese mixtures. Then fill the paper cups with chocolate cheese mixture and the plain one on top and pop them into the oven to steam bake for about 40-45 minutes. They can be made ahead for two to three days and kept in the refrigerator before serving.
Double Layer Cheese Cupcakes
- 250 g cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 65 g caster sugar
- 80 g dairy whipping cream or natural yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs yolks separated from egg whites
- 80 g semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate + tbsp dairy whipping cream
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate
- 10 g butter
- 5 tbsp dairy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt 80 grams chocolate under double boiler, then add 1 tablespoon of whipping cream and stir well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Place 11 paper cups into a muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 30g sugar at low speed. Add whipping cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract, beating till smooth.
- Add yolks one at a time. Beat until incorporated. Transfer into two bowls. Add melted chocolate into one of the bowl, stir well set aside.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy then add remaining sugar and beat until peaks form. Divide into 2 portions to fold well into chocolate cheese mixture and plain cheese mixture respectively.
- Fill paper cups with chocolate cheese mixture before topping with plain cheese to 90 percent full. Steam bake for abut 40-45 minutes. It should feel set, but not rigidly so.
- Turn off oven and leave cake to cool in oven with door ajar, then spread with chocolate cream on top of cheesecake.
- Chocolate cream - melt chocolate and butter under double boiler, then add whipping cream and vanilla, stir mixture to smooth and leave to cool.
- Spoon some chocolate cream on top of cheesecake and smooth the surface. Then decorate as desired. Chill cheesecake for a few hours before serving.
纸杯双层芝士蛋糕 Double Layer Cheese Cupcakes
- 250克 奶油芝士，温室软化
- 65克 糖
- 80克 动物性谈奶油或原味酸奶
- 2茶匙 柠檬汁
- 1茶匙 香草精
- 3个 大鸡蛋，分开蛋白，蛋黄
- 80克 黑巧克力+1汤匙动物性谈奶油，
- 100克 半甜巧克力
- 10克 牛油
- 5汤匙 动物性谈奶油
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 巧克力酱 – 将克巧克力和牛油隔水溶化，倒入谈奶油和香精拌匀至顺滑即可（待凉）。