Fruit Pastry Cake is a popular cake and it has been flooding the blogosphere for many years till now. I’ve baked this delicious fragrant cake many times whenever I have leftover canned or fresh fruits at home. I remember that the first time I baked this fruit pastry cake was nine years ago. I really like the colourful and refreshing various fruit toppings that you can use in this recipe which undoubtedly makes the cake gorgeous and awesome.
Fruit Pastry Cake
- 100 g butter soften at room temperature
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt I used greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice & zest from one lemon
- 210 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 canned longan drained
- 1 canned halve peaches rinses away the syrup and pat dry, slice thickly
- some fresh blueberries
- Grease a 9 inch removable round cake pan with butter and flour or non-stick spray and line the base with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and sour cream till light and fluffy. Dribble in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter, (The mixture appear slightly curdled)
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Dump in the flour and baking powder and use a rubber spatula to stir roughly and continue to cream the batter with mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Arrange fruits on top, don't press the fruits down into batter. Decorate the fruits as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 50-55 mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes. Unmould and transfer cake to wire rack to cool. Dust cake with icing sugar or snow powder.
- 100克 牛油，室温软化
- 150克 幼糖
- 3 汤匙 酸奶油
- 3 个 鸡蛋， 轻轻搅打 （全蛋越70克一个）
- 1茶匙 香草精
- 1 汤匙 柠檬汁和从一粒柠檬取出的柠檬屑
- 210克 面粉，过筛
- 1茶匙 泡打粉
- 1罐 龙眼，沥干糖浆
- 1罐 桃子，洗掉糖浆，擦干，切厚片
- 放入预热摄氏180度的 烤箱，烘烤50-55分钟或竹签扎入蛋糕内部不沾糊就可以了。