I was so tempted to cook this dish, Gua Zi Rou (瓜子肉）fry minced pork with pickled cucumber, when I saw a post shared by Rosalina Kitchen on Facebook and YouTube. This is a popular Taiwanese dish and it is incredibly quick to cook a comfortable delicious meal that goes well with white rice. I tweaked the recipe a little as I’m allergic to mushrooms, so I just omitted it. You don’t have to add many seasonings in it, just the liquid from the pickled cucumber, oyster sauce and water. Just to mind you to cook more rice.
I really love the crunchy pickled cucumber (花瓜/脆瓜）as it is not very salty but with mild sweetness (I got the pickled cucumber at People’s Park Complex – First emporium). You can serve this pickled cucumber perfectly alone with white rice or congee too.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Gua Zi Rou
- 300 g minced pork with fat
- 1 can pickled cucumber - reserve liquid
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion - cut
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1/2 tbsp water - stir well as thickening
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 55 g liquid from pickled cucumber,
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce - mix with 55g water
- 1 tbsp rice wine or shaoxing jiu
- dash of pepper
- Remove pickled cucumber from can and drain well (reserve liquid). Then dice pickled cucumber to cubes.
- In the hot frying pan, add some oil and fry minced pork till separated until dry and the meat bottom a bit browned and add half tablespoon of dark soy sauce. stir well.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, stir fry well, followed by the sauces, rice wine and a dash of pepper at medium heat. Fry mixture for a minute or two. then add in the pickled cucumber, stir well.
- Lastly add cornstarch solution, stir well mixture again until the sauce thickens, off heat and drop in the spring onion. Serve immediately with hot rice.
炒瓜子肉 Gua Zi Rou
- 300克 五花肉碎（绞肉）
- 1罐 脆瓜 （花瓜），保留脆瓜酱汁
- 1/2汤匙 蒜末
- 1/2汤 姜末
- 1根 青葱，切粒
- 1/2汤匙 玉米淀粉+1汤匙水，混匀 （勾芡）
- 1/2汤匙 黑酱油
- 脆瓜酱汁 （约55克）
- 1/2汤匙 耗油+55克清水 （搅匀）
- 1汤匙 米酒或绍兴酒
- 从罐子里取出脆瓜，沥干切成丁壮 （保留酱汁）。
- 食谱是来至于蘿潔塔的廚房(Rosalina’s Kitchen) 在脸书和YT分享的台式炒瓜子肉。因对菇类敏感，所以食谱有调整过。