I love Friand because of its size, healthy because using egg whites and lastly they are easy to make. I’ve made friands before, Pineapple Friands and Blueberry Lemon Friands. For today’s post is Lemon Friands and don’t you think they are cute and pretty? I’ve to thank my friend from Australia who had brought this Friand pan to me when she was here for a short holiday. This pan has contains 20 oval shaped holes instead of the normal 12 and as they are smaller in size therefore the cakes have been reduced to 20.
The French word ‘Friand’ means dainty and these are so cute, soft and moist, so good to eat them with your fingers. You can also bake these small cakes with some berries or fruits and use a small muffin pan instead if you don’t have a Friand pan at home. Great to serve them at anytime of the day.
- 95g Butter
- 60g Plain flour
- 70g Icing sugar
- 60g Almond meal (ground almond)
- 3 Egg whites (105g)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C. Melt butter and use a little to grease 20 holes mini friand pan. 12 holes for bigger friand pan.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, then stir in the lemon zest and almond meal.
- Place egg whites in a small bowl and lightly froth with a fork. Add to dry ingredients with melted butter, stirring until completely combined.
- Fill each friand hole two-thirds full/ Bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Anyone interested to buy this friand pan, can order online from here
- 95克 牛油 （溶化）
- 60克 底筋面粉
- 75克 糖粉
- 60克 杏仁粉
- 3个 蛋白 （约105克）
- 1粒 柠檬屑
- 把面糊倒入模内。送入烤箱烤约20分钟致有点金黄色。 从烤箱取出后，蛋糕先留在烤模中，待5分钟后才放到网架待凉。洒上糖粉做装饰。