This soft orange and lime jelly is a very refreshing, cooling and citrusy dessert which is badly needed to beat the current hot and humid weather. My guests at home were so pleased with this dessert and as it was so yummy they couldn’t help but asked for a second helping. You can make can make this easy jelly within 15 minutes minus the chilling time. As the texture of the jelly is soft and due to the hot weather, it it best to consume it immediately or within 30 mins, once taken out of the refrigerator.
Orange and Lime Jelly
- 700 ml orange juice freshly squeezed
- 900 ml water
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice or to taste
- 18 g gelatin powder slightly more than 1.5 tbsp
- Soak gelatin powder with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- Bring water and sugar to boil at medium heat, add soaked gelatin and stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Off heat and keep stirring liquid until hot bubbles disappear, then pour in orange juice and lime juice. stir well mixture and pass orange liquid through a sieve.
- Pour into serving cups and leave to cool. Then place orange jelly in the refrigerator to chill for several hours or overnight to set before serving.
- 700毫升 鲜榨橙汁
- 900毫升 清水
- 200克 细砂糖
- 2-3汤匙 酸柑汁或适量
- 18克 鱼胶粉 （吉利丁粉）
- 再继续搅拌至液体完全没热泡泡，才把橙汁及 酸柑汁倒入，搅拌均匀即可。