This common Chinese household steamed minced pork with salted egg is a quick fix comforting dish with simple ingredients especially for busy mothers. What I normally do is to break up the whole salted egg, mix with minced pork and steam the dish. This time around, I just placed the salted egg yolk on top and mixed half a tablespoon of lightly beaten egg white into the minced pork. It is delicious and fragrant with some chilli and ginger We ended up finishing the whole dish with extra rice.
Steamed Minced Pork with Salted Egg
- 300 g minced pork/ground pork with fat
- 2 salted egg yolks cut into half
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp salted egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tsp corn flour (starch)
- 3 tbsp water
- Combine minced pork with all the seasoning and dash of pepper. Stir the mixture with a pair of chopsticks in one direction for about 3 minutes till sticky. Then add some finely cut spring onion and red chilli and mix well.
- Place minced pork mixture in a steaming dish. Flatten the minced pork mixture and place the half salted egg yolks on top with some shredded ginger.
- Steam minced pork at high heat for about 12 - 15 minutes or till cooked. Then use a pair of scissors to cut the salted egg yolks into pieces. Garnish with some cut spring onion and chilli and serve immediately.
- 300克 肉碎 （绞肉）
- 2个 咸鸭蛋黄，切半
- 2 茶匙 麻油
- 1 茶匙 细砂糖
- ½ 茶匙 盐
- ½ 茶匙 酱请
- ½ 汤匙 咸鸭蛋白， 稍微打撒
- 2 茶匙 玉米粉
- 3 汤匙 清水