Teriyaki Chicken is a popular Japanese dish for it sweet and savoury flavour. It’s a most quick home cooked dish that can be done in a short time and especially kids will really enjoy it. The chicken meat (usually thigh) is tender and pairs well with the teriyaki sauce that made up of 3 ingredients, soy sauce, mirin (sweet rice wine) and sake (cooking wine) all combined together. Anyway, you can also adjust the flavour the way you want. You can start to pan fry the boneless chicken without adding any oil for a few minutes till browned and almost cooked through. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and cook till it almost dries up, forming a thick and shiny glaze sticking to the chicken. Best to serve with green salads or white rice. You may also boil extra teriyaki sauce in a small pot, so that you can drizzle more sauce over the chicken if serve on rice.
Teriyaki Chicken ~ a most quick home cooked dish that can be done in a short time
- 350 g boneless chicken drumsticks
- 1.5 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce less salt
- 1.5 tbsp mirin or honey to taste I used 1 tbsp
- 1.5 tbsp sake I used Chinese rice wine
- Clean and rinse chicken thighs a few times and drain well, then dap dry with kitchen paper.
- On the chopping board using a sharp knife and slit the chicken meat (skin down) in few cuts but not cutting through the end. Then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Heat up non stick frying pan without adding any oil and place chicken, skin facing down. Fry till golden brown , turning over until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Use paper towel to wipe up any excess (chicken) oil in the pan.
- Then pour in the sauce. At medium heat, flip the chicken over and again till the sauce almost dries up, and coated in a thick and shiny glaze. Serve immediately.
- Best to serve with green salads or white rice.
- 350克 去·骨鸡腿肉
- 1.5汤匙 酱请 （底盐分）
- 1.5汤匙 味淋（甜酒）- 或适量的蜂蜜 （我用1汤匙味淋）
- 1.5汤匙 日式料理酒 （我用米酒）