After making and sharing the Prata Pizza in my last post, I used the same ingredients – bacon, onion and tomato – to cook this Tuna Pasta in white sauce. When you have all the ingredients on hand, cooking pasta is a breeze and can be ready to serve in about 15 minutes. I considered this, a healthy simple one dish meal. This is a flavourful and tasty one-dish meal, especially with the great taste of the white sauce and we enjoyed our meal with a glass of white wine.
Tuna Pasta in White Sauce
- 160 g spaghetti or any kind of pasta
- 30 g bacon
- 40 g onion chopped
- 30 g butter
- 60 g tomato cubes, add more if you like
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can tuna in water drained
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 500 ml fresh milk
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted water with a little of oil according to the instruction on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly fry the bacon without oil but not crisp, dish up onto kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Then cut bacon to strips and set aside.
- Clean pan and heat it up with butter, add onion and sauté for a about 1 minute then add minced garlic and continue to fry well till onion softened.
- Sprinkle plain flour over the onion and stir to thicken. Pour in milk, stir well again till boil.
- Drop in bacon strips, tomato cubes and tuna, stir well. Then add cooked pasta and stir mixture well at medium heat for a few more minutes. (**add a little more milk if the sauce is too thick)
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and serve immediately.
金枪鱼白酱意粉 Tuna Pasta in White Sauce
上一次做了香酥饼披萨，用同样的材料 – 培根，洋葱和番茄 – 再加入了罐装金枪鱼，就变了一道简单美味的白酱意粉。
- 160克 意粉
- 30克 培根
- 40克 洋葱 （切碎）
- 30克 牛油
- 60克 番茄 （切丁）可多加一点
- 1/2汤匙 蒜蓉
- 1罐 金枪鱼，沥干水分
- 500毫升 牛奶
- 1汤匙 中筋面粉