As usual I always like to check what was left in the pantry since my last visit to the supermarket. I’m sure you do the same too, right? Then I saw half a packet of self-raising lying there, a few lemons and some frozen blueberries in my freezer. I suddenly remember that I’ve not baked a blueberry cake for quite some time (my last baked was in Nov 2019 – Blueberry Swiss Roll). Yes blueberry again … my weakness for blueberry 😀 So I baked this easy Blueberry Lemon Cake with full of lemony flavour. The sweetness is just right and the cake is soft and moist and the studded blueberries within made the cake all the more delicious. The cake tastes even better the next day being kept in an airtight container at room temperature. So perfect for our breakfast
Blueberry Lemon Cake
- 160 g butter soft to touch
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 100 g self-raising flour or cake flour with 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Sift flour and set aside. 3 mini non stick loaf moulds or a few cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy,then add the lemon zest and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs in 3 batches with a tablespoon of the flour for each at low speed.
- Then gently mix in the rest of the flour in few batches with a rubber spatula. Finally, the lemon juice, mix well and drop in blueberries, mix well again.
- Pour batter into moulds and spread evenly with a spoon with some blueberries on top.
- Bake in the preheat oven in the second lower rack for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in mould and dust with some icing sugar or snow powder.
- 蓝莓柠檬蛋糕 Blueberry Lemon Cake
- 160克 牛油，稍微软
- 100克 细糖
- 2个 大鸡蛋，打散
- 100克 自发面粉或底筋面粉+1茶匙泡打粉，过筛
- 4汤匙 柠檬汁
- 100克 蓝莓，新鲜或冰冻的都可以